Advisory Council on Diversity and Reconciliation
February 2018 saw the launch of the Advisory Council on Diversity and Reconciliation (ACDR), which will provide input and direction to the design and implementation of Universitywide diversity efforts and the practice of reconciliation as a core distinctive at SPU.
This cross-department advisory council is overseen by Dr. Sandra Mayo and is comprised of staff representing each of the VP areas on campus; and faculty representing general education courses (UFND, CUE, and UCORE) and undergraduate and graduate programs across the disciplines.
As part of its key functions, the ACDR
- advises on proposed Universitywide diversity goal areas and performance indicators;
- reviews proposals and makes recommendations for the awarding of diversity seed grants;
- contributes knowledge and insights to the development of a comprehensive set of diversity-related resources and professional development opportunities for faculty and staff;
- gives input about present and long-term University diversity, equity, and inclusion policies and practices; and
- serves as a forum for discussion about diversity needs on campus.
- Jason Chivers (Director of Graduate Admissions)
- Katie Douglass (Assistant Professor of Educational Ministry and Practical Theology)
- Teylar Greer (Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion)
- Rebecca Hughes (Assistant Professor of History)
- Serena Manzo (Director of Multi-Ethnic Programs)
- Sandra Mayo (VP for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion)
- Garrett McGuire Tabb (Budget and Finance Manager)
- Tracy Norlen (Director of Public Information)
- Peter Rivera (Assistant Professor of Marriage and Family Therapy)
- Lane Seeley (Professor of Physics)
- Amanda Stubbert (Director of Alumni and Parent Relations)