Granting others access to your student account
Students must complete one or both of the following authorizations if they want others to receive copies of their SPU statement, make payments to their account online, and receive information about their account.
Family Educational Rights to Privacy Act (FERPA)
Per federal regulations, we are unable to release any student’s personal financial information to anyone other than the student without the student’s consent. If you, the student, would like to grant access for others to receive statements, make changes to your offer of financial aid, or talk to our office about your account, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Log onto BANNER.
- Click on “Student Menu.”
- Click on “Information Access Authorization (FERPA).”
- Click “Add New.”
- Provide the name, phone number, address, and email of the person you are granting access to. We will only be able to respond to emails sent from the email address provided here.
- Select the type of access you would like to grant this person.
- Select security questions and provide answers which will be used to ensure that we are speaking with the correct person before providing them with your personal information. Be sure to share the answers with the person you are authorizing.
- Click “Save” and follow the prompts.
- Provide the security questions and answers to the persons authorized to access your personal information.
If you do not complete these steps, we will not be able to discuss the details of your account, owing balance, or anything related to your financial information with anyone other than you. Even if they are paying your account, we will not be able to talk to them about your account details.