Information for each task to be completed for a scholarship entry is provided below. Due dates for completion eligible for the scholarship drawing are included in your MoneyWise email notification.
Complete Financial Awareness Counseling at studentloans.gov.
If you completed Financial Awareness Counseling in the past doing so again will be helpful to review updated repayment estimates for your loans.
Even if you have not borrowed student loans to date the information about loans, budgeting and other money management information is helpful.
- Log in at studentloans.gov. This counseling includes five steps:
- Understand your loans: Your NSLDS student loan records will be imported into the counseling. You will need to add any future federal loan disbursements and information about any loans not included in NSLDS.
- Manage your spending: Uses your current in-school expenses and funds.
- Plan to repay: Uses information based on your anticipated post-graduation income and expenses.
- Avoid default.
- Make finances a priority.
SPU will receive completion records from studentloans.gov and an entry for you in the scholarship drawing will be made.
Completing task 1 without logging on
If you have concerns about entering your personal information into this government website, you may complete the Financial Awareness Counseling without logging in.
Register or log in as a student at CashCourse.org to complete tasks 2, 3 and 4.
Carded! How plastic savvy are you?
- Click on the task name above to begin.
- Review the additional information at the end of the quiz.
- When completed, SPU will receive confirmation and an entry for you in the scholarship drawing will be made.
Saving money while in college: It can be done!
- Click on the task name above to read the article.
- To document your completion of this task, submit a 100- to 500-word essay answering the questions below.
- What new information did you learn?
- How will this assignment change your thinking, behavior, and/or habits?
Send your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, SPU ID, and “MoneyWise 201 Saving Money” with your essay. Once we receive your essay, an entry in the scholarship drawing will be made on your behalf.