As with scholarships, grants are funds you won’t have to pay back. But unlike scholarships, top grades typically aren’t a deciding factor. Here’s a brief listing of grants available to first-year, transfer, or current SPU students:

Pell Grants are awarded to eligible undergraduates.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOGs) are for undergraduates with exceptional financial need, and range from $100 to $4,000 a year.

TEACH Grants offer up to $4,000 yearly to would-be teachers. Unlike other grants, these awards require recipients to take certain specific classes and ultimately teach in high-need fields. If requirements are not met, the grant becomes a loan.

State Need Grants help Washington’s lowest-income undergraduates pay for tuition, books, and fees. The funds are awarded on the basis of financial need, continued academic progress, and availability.

College Bound is a scholarship program for foster youth or eligible low-income undergraduate students who sign up for College Bound while in middle school.

SPU Grants are awarded to undergraduates on the basis of financial need for up to five years from first receiving the grant. Your completed FAFSA is your application for an SPU grant.

Whether you’re an undergraduate or a graduate student, the list of opportunities may be a lot longer than you think. You won’t know until you apply! Take a look.