SPU holds one undergraduate and one graduate Commencement ceremony in June of each year. To participate in the ceremony, you must apply to graduate and complete your graduation requirements by the end of the summer immediately following Commencement.
- Students who complete their degree requirements in Autumn, Winter, or Spring quarters may participate in Commencement ceremonies at the end of the academic year in which they finish their coursework.
- Students who intend to complete their requirements in Spring Quarter or Summer Sessions must be registered for the courses needed to complete their degree in order to participate in Commencement.
- Summer graduates must submit enrollment verification for all summer courses to their academic counselor by May 15. The student should contact their academic counselor if experiencing difficulty enrolling in summer courses by the May 15 deadline.
- If you cannot complete your final requirements during the spring and summer, you will be eligible to participate in the following year’s Commencement.
In January and February of each year, the Office of the Provost sends information about the time, date, and procedures for all Commencement activities to students who applied to graduate for the current academic year (autumn through summer). This information will explain how to sign up in Banner for graduation events. You must sign up for events if you plan to attend. Note:
- Receiving this information does not guarantee that you will be allowed to participate in Commencement ceremonies. It merely indicates that you have applied to graduate during the current academic year.
- Students who do not meet the Graduation Application deadline might not receive academic progress reports and may apply too late to be listed in the Commencement program.