Accessing internet native Banner
- Select Internet Native Banner PROD. (PREPROD is for testing purposes only, and will not have up-to-date information.)
- Download J Initiator. (You will only need to do this once.)
Enter your username (same as webmail)
Enter your password (can be created in MARS account in BanWeb)
- When you select the PROD link, a yellow bar will appear that asks you to download activeX controls.
- Click on the bar and allow it to download and follow the on screen instructions to install.
- Once installation is complete it will load Internet Native Banner.
Note: Your Banner access only allows you to view the information; you will not be able to maintain or change the data.
Banner keystrokes and terms
- Shift + F7: to go to the top of the page.
- F8: to process the query.
- F9: to query.
- F10: to save or submit a job query.
- Shift + F3: to select your choice and bring you back to the original Banner Form.
- Control + q: to quit.
- Control + Page Down: to go down to another section of the page.
- Options Menu: shows related Banner forms.
The “term” field in Banner is a 6-digit sequence. The first 5 digits refer to the academic year for which you are searching:
- 20089X = 2008–2009 academic year
- 19934X = 1993–1994 academic year
- 20112X = 2011–2012 academic year
The last digit will refer to the quarter for which you are searching:
- 0 = Summer
- 1 = Autumn
- 2 = Winter
- 3 = Spring
Example: 200901 = Autumn Quarter of 2009–10
Class rosters and data
- Student Information and Data
- Faculty Data
- Student Holds and Overrides
[THE ABOVE 3 LINKS ARE BROKEN ON LIVE SITE]
Banner PDF cheat sheet (PDF) (Download and print, if preferred.)