Official transcripts may be released to students. Official transcripts are released only on written authorization of the student whose records are requested.

Seattle Pacific University reserves the right to deny official transcript services for indebtedness to the institution. If the student has an account, official transcripts are released only if the account is paid in full.

  • A $5 fee is charged for each official transcript.
  • Students may request one unofficial copy of their transcript at a time at no charge.
  • Students may view and print unofficial transcripts by accessing the Banner Information System.
  • Students may order an official transcript also by accessing the Banner Information System.

Transcripts contain the student’s entire academic history while at SPU. Undergraduate, graduate, doctoral work, and CEUs are segregated on separate pages of the SPU transcript. Although a copy of the transcript may be requested at any time, updated transcripts will be available after final grades have been submitted and recorded.

If a student chooses not to order a transcript online, then a written request to Student Academic Services is required. The request must include:

  • The name under which the student attended
  • Social security number or SPU ID number
  • The last quarter and year the student attended
  • Whether or not the student is enrolled in a current quarter of instruction and the number of classes enrolled in for that quarter
  • Destination of the transcript
  • Student signature
  • The number of official copies required

Payment is due at the time the transcript is requested. Payment can be made by cash (in-person only), check, Visa, or MasterCard.

SPU will re-send a transcript to the originally requested institution provided the University made an error in processing. We must, however, be contacted within three months of the original request. After the three-month grace period, a separate written request must be submitted. The University reserves the right to approve or deny any request for re-sending a transcript for any reason other than University error.