First Year Students

Applying for Admission as a First Year Student

If you are a graduating high school student or home-schooled student — including if you have completed college credits while in high school, or are participating in the Running Start Program or other accelerated program — follow procedures outlined below.

  • Complete the Common Application’s First Year Application and submit it to Undergraduate Admissions along with your $50 nonrefundable application fee and the required SPU member section.
  • During the first semester of your senior year, arrange for an official transcript to be sent by your most recent and any previously attended high schools. You must also request that a final transcript be forwarded to Undergraduate Admissions by August 1.
  • If you have completed college coursework while in high school, request that all colleges and universities you attended send official transcripts to Undergraduate Admissions, unless the coursework is on your official high school transcript.
  • Take either the College Board Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT-I) (SPU code 4694) or the American College Test (ACT) (SPU code 4476) and submit the scores to SPU.
  • You have the option to submit a Teacher Evaluation form through the Common Application. Additionally, your college counselor can add remarks to the School Report when submitting your transcript. Both forms are part of the First-Year Common Application.

Homeschooled Students

If you are a homeschooled student, submit application materials as stated for all First Year students. When applying to Seattle Pacific, you will:

  • Apply using the Common Application, including the school report, completed by your parent or homeschool teacher.
  • $50 application fee.
  • Official SAT or ACT test scores, sent by the testing agency.
  • High School transcript*, including all courses completed, a grade for each course, a cumulative unweighted GPA (4.0 scale), signed by a parent or homeschool administrator.
  • Official college transcripts, if you’ve received dual credit toward high school from a college and the credit is not reflected in your high school transcript.

*Some applicants may be asked to submit a summary of their homeschool curriculum and reading list.

U.S. Residents and Citizens Who Are Not Native English Speakers

Students whose first language is not English and who wish to enter SPU directly from high school or to transfer from another institution must demonstrate English proficiency. This may be demonstrated in a number of ways — please refer to the “English Language Proficiency” information on the International Students page.

SPU students on campus

Undergraduate Admissions

Do you have questions about admission to SPU — or want to visit campus? Contact Undergraduate Admissions at 800-366-3344 or


Disability Support Services

SPU’s Disability Support Services works with undergraduate and graduate students to ensure equal access and to provide reasonable accommodations for those with documented disabilities.

Contact or 206-281-2475 to set up an appointment.