Accepting Your Offer of Admission

After you have applied to Seattle Pacific, you will receive a letter of your acceptance or denial of admission to the University. To accept an offer of admission, follow these steps:

  • Make your $200 advance payment as your acknowledgment of intention to enroll. Submit this payment online through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Payment received on or before the communicated deadlines guarantees you a place in the entering class and allows you to register for classes. This payment is credited to your account and applied toward your initial tuition payment. Submit your advance payment on or before May 1, the National Candidates Reply Date. Refunds are granted upon written request, but written requests must be received before May 1. Refunds are not granted if the request is received after May 1. 
  • Sign up for New Student Advising, and complete the tutorials once they are available in April.
  • Register for campus housing. Beginning in April, admitted undergraduates are mailed detailed housing materials, including information on the housing application process and $300 room deposit. Students admitted after April 1 will be sent a housing packet within two weeks of their admission date. 
  • Fill out and submit the medical health history and immunization form you will receive, along with instructions, after your advance payment is received. This medical history is required of students who (1) are entering SPU for the first time, (2) are returning after an absence of more than one calendar year, or (3) have previously attended Summer Session(s) but are entering regular University classes for the first time. A registration hold is placed on the student's account until this is completed and received by Health Services. Medical insurance information is available in Student Financial Services and Health Services

Reapplying for Admission

If you have been away from SPU for fewer than four quarters after completing courses as a matriculated student, you are still considered an “active” student at SPU. You may register for classes at SPU without completing paperwork for undergraduate admissions. Any transfer work completed during your absence must be submitted to Student Academic Services. No degrees completed during your absence will be recognized. 

If you would like to re-enroll after four consecutive quarters (one year) have passed, you must reapply (PDF) to the University:

  • You must submit transcripts for any coursework completed at another institution while away. 
  • Undergraduate Admissions will inform you if additional credentials need to be submitted. 
  • No degrees completed during your absence will be recognized, and you will be required to complete the general education curriculum in effect at the time of your re-admission.

If you originally matriculated at SPU directly from high school, but are now readmitted after attending another institution, you are considered a transfer student. However, your class standing at time of original matriculation will determine the courses you are required to complete.  

For instance, if you originally matriculated as a freshman or sophomore, you would still be expected to complete UFDN 1000 and 8 “W” credits, even if you return to SPU with junior standing.


Increased scholarship amounts

SPU has increased amounts for academic merit, consituency, and need-based scholarships.

SPU students on campus

Early Action for 2015-16

The Early Action program at SPU is a nonbinding agreement for students who place SPU among their top choice schools. As an Early Action candidate, you must submit your completed application by November 15, 2015, and you will receive notification in January 2016.