Congratulations and welcome to SPU! As a family member of a new student, you have played a very important role in your student’s journey. We encourage your continued role in the development and transition that will take place over the next four years of your student’s life. Parent and Guest Orientation will be held September 26.
The cost of Parent and Guest Orientation is included in the $125 Orientation fee that is charged directly to your student’s account. This fee helps cover the programming and material cost of New Student Orientation, Transfer Express, and Parent and Guest Orientation.
Why you should attend Parent and Guest Orientation?
- Enrolling in college is an exciting time for your family, but it also raises a lot of questions. That’s why we invite you to attend Parent Orientation.
- At Parent Orientation you’ll learn about the various aspects of the college’s academic, residential, and student life programs.
- You’ll meet President Dr. Dan Martin, faculty, administrative staff, other parents, and students.
- You’ll receive information tailored just for you and gain a deeper sense of sharing in your student’s college life.
Before you arrive
Arriving on campus
- The SPU move-in experience is energetic and helpful. Here is what to expect:
- A team of enthusiastic students will get everything unloaded from your vehicle and delivered to your student's room in a matter of minutes.
- A driver will need to stay with your vehicle so it can be moved to a nearby lot once the unload is complete.
- When you arrive on campus to move in your student, please follow the signs and proceed to your student’s residence hall. Student volunteers will be waiting to help unload vehicles and carry belongings to rooms.
- Your student's move-in time the afternoon of September 25 is assigned alphabetically by last name. Please arrive on campus at their move-in time and not before.
- Students living on campus are assigned check-in/move-in times between 1 and 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, September 25.
- Arnett, Ashton, Emerson, Hill, and Moyer Halls: Check-in starting at the times assigned below by last name at the main lobby of your residence hall.
- Starting at 1 p.m. A–G
- Starting at 1:45 p.m. H–P
- Starting at 2:30 p.m. Q–Z
- Campus Apartments: Check-in at Orientation Central (located on the first floor of the Student Union Building – building 24 on the campus map).
- Students, parents, and guests will all check in at your student’s assigned residence hall.
- Commuters (students, parents and guests) will check in at Orientation Central located in the Student Union Building.
- After move-in, everyone is invited to a free catered dinner in Tiffany Loop