To run for a position on your hall council, you must meet these requirements:
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Full-time student status.
- Supportive of SPU’s Christian faith. (Hall council members are not required to have a Christian faith statement, but must be supportive of the commitment to the Christian community at SPU.)
- Exemplify commitment to SPU’s Lifestyle Expectations.
- Request a reference from your current RA and SMC.
Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 5.
Note: By submitting your application, you are giving Residence Life the permission to check your GPA and disciplinary record in order to assess your eligibility as a candidate.
Spring Quarter 2019 Election timeline
- Monday, March 25: Applications available online.
- Friday, April 5: Applications due by 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, April 12: Applicants will receive an email by 5 p.m. inviting them to interview.
- Wednesday, April 24: Hall Council position notifications get sent to applicants by email.
Hall council dates for Spring 2019 and Autumn 2019
Note: Students hired for hall council positions are required to attend training sessions throughout Spring Quarter 2019.
Date + Time TBD: SLDC training (All current and new ASSP and ORL leaders)
- Tuesday, May 7: Hall council training #1
- Thursday, May 9: Hall council training #2
- Date + Time TBD: Leadership kickoff (ASSP and Res Life Leadership for 2019–20)
Autumn Quarter 2019 schedule
Hall council members are also expected to return before the start of the academic year. They will take part in hall council training with the Office of Residence Life, and they will participate in the Leadership Conference along with other campus leadership.
Hall council members also take part in the activities during Welcome Week to welcome the new and returning residents to each living area.
Hall Council Training: Date + Time TBD
Leadership Conference: Date + Time TBD
Welcome Week: Date + Time TBD