Don’t Cancel That Class!
If you need to be away from campus on a teaching day, you don’t need to cancel class. Instead, schedule a career counselor to teach about career and/or vocational calling. Presentations are 50 minutes in length and can be tailored to meet the needs of your undergraduate students. Choose from the following topics, or request a custom career- or calling-themed presentation.
- “Introduction to the Center for Career and Calling” (an overview of services and resources and how, when and why students should engage with us)
- "Finding Your Vocation"
- “Deciding on a Major”
- “How to Find Jobs and Internships”
- “Networking and Informational Interviewing”
- “How to Write a Great Résumé”
- “How to Write a Great Cover Letter”
- “Interview Skills”
To request a presentation, please click here.
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
The MBTI is designed to measure psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions. The MBTI can inform career counseling, team building, group dynamics, and professional development. Our counselors are MBTI certified and can lead a group interpretation for your class or club. The assessment is $20 per person, and the workshop must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance.
Customized Programs or Events
We are also happy to work with you to create a professional development program or event specifically for your student group. Here are some examples:
- Career treks. We'll help you set up a class visit to a local company so students can experience and learn more about the organization.
- Information sessions. We’ll invite several professionals to give a presentation about their organization in your classroom.
- Career panels. We'll arrange for employers to share their workplace experience and expertise in an employer panel in your classroom.
Contact us for more information on these and other ways to engage your students.