At the Center for Career and Calling, employers are instrumental partners in the vocational and professional development of SPU students and alumni. You’re a key stakeholder in the future of our graduates. Because of this, we offer you a number of resources and services.
We offer many ways for you to engage with students and alumni, and educate them about your company, internship program, or career opportunities. You can choose the best strategies for your organization and start connecting right away. Arrangements for the following are made via Handshake.
Job postings. Post jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities for SPU students and alumni. View and print candidates’ résumés.
- Career events. Register for upcoming career and internship fairs and other networking events.
- On-campus interviews. We’ll help you set up individual interviews with students — a full day’s worth if you want — on campus or via Skype.
- Display tables. Arrange to host a table in the Student Union Building to share information about your company and recruit applicants.
- Information sessions. Reserve a room on campus to share more in-depth information with students about your organization or program.
- Employer meet-ups. Arrange for an hour-long, informal gathering in a student lounge to talk to students about your company and various opportunities.
- Career treks. Invite students to your offices for a tour and opportunity to see your organization in action.
For more information on recruiting candidates, read our Recruiting Policy.
Build Your Brand on Campus
Building your presence on our campus will have a significant impact on your recruitment success. Meet with our Employer Relations team to prepare an SPU-specific recruiting plan to help you increase awareness of your brand among our students and alumni — as well as to find excellent candidates.
- Career trek. We’ll help you invite a group of students to your company to tour your site and meet your leadership staff.
- Employer meet-up. Gather informally with students in a campus lounge to share information about your organization.
- Etiquette dinner table sponsorship. Provide scholarships for eight students to attend, and join them as they build their professional etiquette skills.
Engage With Students and Alumni
Contact Employer Relations Manager Lori Brown at email@example.com or 206-281-2493 to learn more about these opportunities, or indicate your interest in the Handshake contact database:
- Classroom speaking. Join us in a career development class to share your industry experience and expertise with students.
- Résumé edits and mock interviews. Share your talent for résumé building, and help students prepare for job interviews.
- Career conversations. Share your experience and expertise by participating in an employer panel with local SPU alums and leaders.
Become a Mentor
Through our mentor module, you can connect directly with students seeking help with their career paths. Here are some of the ways to connect:
- Coffee chats. Grab a cup of coffee (or two) and share your career journey with a student.
- Informational interviews. Host a student at your office for an informational interview to share insights about your industry.
- Mentoring. Meet with a student three or four times over six months, and mentor them in their career journey.
- Job shadows. Connect with a student for a few hours or a full day, showing them the ropes of your position at your company.
- Guest speaking. Work with a student leader to offer your expertise to a relevant student club or other organization.