IMMERSE is a seven-day summer intensive for high schoolers like you, hosted on campus at SPU and at our beautiful Camp Casey Conference Center on Whidbey Island.
Through a week of living in community, learning, service, and worship, you will be encouraged in your vocation as a servant-leader in Christ’s church and commissioned to serve in your congregation and community back home.
Since 2017, students from Hawai'i, Kansas, California, Oregon, Idaho, and Washington State have attended SPU IMMERSE. You can be next!
Discover who you are and your role in God’s story:
- Journey alongside well-trained discipleship leaders, with you every step of the way
- Receive in-depth teaching from SPU School of Theology professors
- Enjoy recreational opportunities both on SPU’s beautiful urban campus and at scenic Camp Casey on Whidbey Island
- Engage in hands-on learning opportunities at social justice ministries grappling with real-world issues
- Enter into daily worship experiences and practice of spiritual disciplines
- Participate in lively small- and large-group community-building
Establish yourself as a leader for your generation and within the church. Deepen your understanding of a living God and of yourself as a disciple of Jesus empowered by the Holy Spirit. Let this experience shape your life trajectory as you prepare for the next season of your high school career. Register today!
SPU Immerse 2019
- Participants: Students who are in grades 9–11 in the 2018–19 school year
- Dates: July 14–20, 2019
- Cost: Tuition for Immerse 2019 is $827 per student. However, thanks to generous support, the first 25 students to submit nonrefundable deposits will receive a reduced-rate tuition of $386. Reduced-rate tuition slots are still available, as of this posting, but availability is subject to change without notice.
- Locations: SPU campus and Whidbey Island’s Camp Casey
Register for Immerse
Refer a potential Immerse student
Fundraising — You are encouraged to talk with your pastor or other church leader to discover what financial resources might be available to help with the cost of attending Immerse. This sample letter to church leaders (doc) can help with your request.
You could also send letters to family members (doc) and trusted mentors. Think about the adults in your life who have discipled you: family members, youth leaders, Sunday School teachers, and trusted adult friends and mentors. They may be willing to help you attend Immerse.
Questions? Contact Immerse Program Manager John Harrell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-281-2750.