Are you looking for a summer that will change your life? Have you felt that you want to move beyond the status quo? Do you want to take the next step in your faith journey?
If you desire to grow in your faith, we have two retreats, 10 days away from the everyday routine to learn with your high school peers what it means to be a follower of Jesus in the world. We have something designed just for you: Immerse: Seattle Pacific University’s Youth Discipleship Academy.
Discover who you are and your role in God’s story:
- Journey alongside well-trained discipleship leaders, with you every step of the way
- Receive in-depth teaching from SPU School of Theology professors
- Enjoy recreational opportunities both on SPU’s beautiful urban campus and at scenic Camp Casey on Whidbey Island
- Engage in hands-on learning opportunities at social justice ministries grappling with real-world issues
- Enter into daily worship experiences and practice of spiritual disciplines
- Participate in lively small- and large-group community-building
Establish yourself as a leader for your generation and within the church. Deepen your understanding of a living God and of yourself as a disciple of Jesus empowered by the Holy Spirit. Let this experience shape your life trajectory as you prepare for the next season of your high school career. Register today!
- Participants: Students currently in grades 9 through 11
- Dates: July 15–21, 2018, and a reunion weekend October 12–14, 2018
- Cost: $788/student with limited need-based financial aid available. Payment plans available. Students are encouraged to fundraise.*
- Locations: SPU campus and Whidbey Island’s Camp Casey
*You are encouraged to talk with your pastor or other church leader to discover what financial resources might be available to help with the cost of attending Immerse. This sample letter to church leaders (doc) can help with your request.
You could also send letters to family members (doc) and trusted mentors. Think about the adults in your life who have discipled you: family members, youth leaders, Sunday School teachers, and trusted adult friends and mentors. They may be willing to help you attend Immerse.
Questions? Contact Immerse Program Manager John Harrell at email@example.com or 206-281-2750.