Students who graduate from a COAMFTE-accredited program, such as the Seattle Pacific Marriage and Family Therapy (MS) program, are highly sought by employers.
Graduates are now employed in a variety of places including private practice, hospitals and outpatient centers, social service agencies, the military, residential care facilities, and schools.
Supporting the careers of our MFT students and alumni is a high priority for the School of Psychology, Family, and Community. The following career resources are available:
for Current Graduate Students offers online vocational resources and
résumé tips, workshops, and events (Sponsored by SPU’s Center for Career and Calling).
- Provide a Career Day in our practicum sequence prepares students for practice contexts, CV/résumé building, professional organizations, and licensure/credentialing processes.
- Our Alumni Facebook page offers networking and connections with alumni across graduating cohorts.
Alumni MFT resources
MFT Alumni Association
Our SPU MFT Alumni Association has been started recently, and through this organization we hope to enhance services to our alumni. We invite you to join in.
Jobs and classifieds
Send information on jobs, office space, or other services available to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information will be forwarded to the alumni list.
Professional training through the Medical Family Therapy training program
SPU’s Medical Family Therapy training program was the first in the U.S. to focus on the interplay of all components of a person’s life and health — the biomedical, psychological, relational, and spiritual.
Medical family therapy training seminars are available to you as MFT alumni. In these affordable one-day seminars, SPU opens up its expertise in this specialized area to the broader community of health and mental health professionals. Each seminar also gives you 5 hours of CEU credit.
- Convenient. Seminars are offered one Friday a month.
- Relevant. Get access to practical tips and the latest information covering a range of topics.
- Connected. Network with professionals who handle family therapy with medical issues.
- Distinctive. Seattle is one of two cities on the West Coast with specialized training in medical family therapy.
Register today for this opportunity to enhance your skills, knowledge, and work experience.