Seattle Pacific Responds to Seattle Promise With Transfer Promise
Beginning in 2020, Seattle Pacific University will offer 50 percent off tuition for eligible community college students in the City of Seattle’s new Seattle Promise program. SPU is the first university to announce a direct pathway from community colleges to enrollment.
The Seattle Pacific Transfer Promise will offer:
- At least 50 percent off tuition in the form of scholarships and grants
- Direct pathway into most SPU majors (minimum GPA required)
- Mentorship, internship, and advising opportunities
- A nationally ranked education
“Like Mayor Durkan and the voters of Seattle who recently passed the historic education levy, we are committed to helping community college students complete a four-year degree,” says SPU President Dan Martin. “Transfer students comprise an important part of our campus, and we work hard to help them complete their degree at Seattle Pacific.”
The city’s Seattle Promise will give all future high school graduates of Seattle Public Schools two years of community college tuition-free. The first deadline to apply is February 22.
The Seattle Pacific Transfer Promise is now available for community college students wanting to transfer to SPU in Autumn Quarter 2020. To qualify, students need to:
- Be a Seattle Promise recipient
- Complete a two-year degree (AA or ATS) at North Seattle College, Seattle Central College, or South Seattle College
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- File a FAFSA or WAFSA each year
- Apply and be accepted to SPU
Ranked a “Best National University” by U.S. News & World Report, Seattle Pacific University is a Christian university where 3,700 undergraduate and graduate students are equipped to anticipate and shape the future in a thriving, world-class city.
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2019